India beat Netherlands by 56 runs-cricketmovie.com

T20 World Cup 2022: Comprehensive win against Netherlands put Team India on the top of the table. They won their 2nd game by 56 runs at Sydney Cricket Ground, Sydney. Now I will share the details of this game match in my way.

2nd game (India Vs Netherlands)
Game Date: 27th October 2022
Details:
India captain Rohit Sharma won the toss and elected to bat first in their 2nd game of super 12 against Netherlands at Sydney Cricket Ground, Sydney. Team India remains unchanged for this game.

Team India scored 179/2 runs in their 20 overs after batting first. Both the batters have their arms aloft as India finish on 179. Opting to bat, India got off to a slow start. They lost KL Rahul cheaply and the two senior batters Rohit and Kohli batted cautiously post that. The Indian captain was dropped on 13 and looked scratchy but he notched up a 35-ball fifty. Fred Klaassen broke the 73-run stand as Rohit holed out in the deep. At 84/2, Suryakumar Yadav joined Kohli and the latter immediately upped the ante. Netherlands, who managed to keep a lid on the scoring rate in the first half of the innings, found it tough against this duo. The bowling wasn’t bad per se, but when two top-class batsmen strike the ball so well, there’s not much you can do as a bowling side. Both Kohli and SKY brought up their fifties and remained unbeaten till the end as they added 95 runs in 8 overs. Virat Kohli scored 62* runs of 44 balls and Rohit Sharma scored 53 runs of 39 balls. For Netherlands, Fred Klaassen & Van Meekeren picks 1 wicket each.

Netherlands unable to chase the target and scored only 123/9 in their 20 overs. Fairly comfortable for India, they didn’t really have to break a sweat while bowling after getting 179 on the board. In reply, the Dutch allowed Bhuvi to start off to two maiden overs, as Vikramjit Singh also gave up his wicket. Max O’Dowd was then bowled round his legs by Axar Patel, who also claimed the wicket of Bas de Leede. The left-arm spinner had a better evening today than on Sunday, as he and Ashwin conceded just 39 runs in their eight overs while picking up four wickets. The chase never got going as Netherlands kept losing wickets at regular intervals, often in clusters. Shariz Ahmed and Van Meekeren swung their willows at the death to entertain the ones that stayed, but it was still a formidable victory for India. All their bowlers chipped in today, as this clinical performance helped them move to the top of the table. Tim Pringle scored 20 of 15 balls and Colin Ackermann scored 17 runs of 21 balls. For Team India, Arshdeep, Bhuvi, Ashwin & Axar pick 2 wickets each.

PAK: 159/8 in 20 overs
IND: 160/6 in 20 overs

Match Result: India won by 56 runs
Man of the Match: Suryakumar Yadav

Stats
KL Rahul averages 19.15 at 106.41 SR against full-member nations in T20Is since October 2020

Bas de Leede is the highest run-getter and leading wicket taker for Netherlands in T20Is after the last World Cup and has been the Player of The Match in both of Netherlands’ victories in Round 1.

– Left-arm spinner Tim Pringle‘s four PowerPlay overs in this tournament have cost Netherlands only 20 runs this World Cup.

Most wickets for Netherlands in T20Is
59 Paul van Meekeren
58 Pieter Seelar
44 Ahsan Malik
43 Mudassar Bukhari

Most sixes for India in T20 World Cups
34 Rohit Sharma
33 Yuvraj Singh
24 Virat Kohli
Only Chris Gayle (63) has hit more maximums than Rohit in T20 World Cups.

50+ scores by Indian captains in Men’s T20 World Cup:
Virat Kohli v Pakistan, 2021
Rohit Sharma v Netherlands, 2022

Rohit Sharma (903* runs) goes past Tillakaratne Dilshan (897) to move to fourth place in list of leading run-getters in T20 World Cups.

Surya Kumar Yadav goes past Mohd Rizwan (825 runs) to become leading run getter in T20Is in 2022.

Virat Kohli (979* runs) goes past Chris Gayle (965 runs) to move to second place in list of leading run-getters in T20 World Cups.

Kohli – Surya 50+ partnerships in T20Is
98* off 42 vs HK Dubai
104 off 62 vs Aus Hyderabad
102 off 42 vs SA Guwahati
95* off 48 vs Net Sydney

Three individual 50+ scores in an innings in T20 World Cup
Ind vs Eng Durban 2007
SA vs Eng Mumbai WS 2016
Ind vs Net Sydney 2022 *

Most 50+ scores by visiting players in Australia (men’s T20I):
7 – Virat Kohli
3 – Rohit Sharma
3 – Kusal Mendis

Suryakumar Yadav now has the most T20I 50+ scores by Indians in a calendar year.
Most 50+ scores (men):
8 – Suryakumar Yadav in 2022
7 – Virat Kohli in 2016
7 – Virat Kohli in 2022
6 – Shikhar Dhawan in 2018

Suryakumar Yadav becomes the FIRST player to register 5 T20I fifty-plus scores at 200+ strike-rate in the same year.
65(31) v West Indies
117(55) v England
68*(26) v Hong Kong
61(22) v South Africa
51*(25) v Netherlands
No one else has even 4 such knocks.

– Ninth maiden over by Bhuvneshwar Kumar in T20Is and quals Jasprit Bumrah records who also has bowled nine maiden overs in this format.

Two maiden overs in a T20I (India)
Harbhajan vs Eng Colombo 2012
J Bumrah vs Pak Mirpur 2016
Bhuvneshwar vs UAE Mirpur 2016
Bhuvneshwar vs Net Sydney 2022 *

Most men’s T20I maidens in a calendar year (full members):
5 – Bhuvneshwar Kumar in 2022
4 – Jasprit Bumrah in 2016
4 – Richard Ngarava in 2021

Bhuvneshwar Kumar becomes the first Indian to bowl multiple maiden overs in a T20I innings more than once.
v UAE in 2016
v NETH today

Two Indians with unbeaten 50+ scores in a men’s T20I innings:
Pandey/Dhoni v SA, 2018
Kohli/Surya v HK, 2022
Rahul/Surya v SA, 2022
Kohli/Surya v NETH, 2022
3 out of 4 cases have come this year itself.

Highest score by No.11 batter in T20 World Cup:
24 – Paul van Meekeren v BAN, last match
14* – Paul van Meekeren v IND, today

That’s all from the 2nd game of India’s Super 12 of this T20 World Cup 2022 and I hope you all will like this information. We will be back with all the details of their next game which will be played against Netherlands on 27th October. For more updates visit my page on Facebook Durgesh Tiwary’s View and website Cricket Movie Website

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *